A Quick Guide to Being Mysterious
Inspired by The Mysterious Lai Teck by Ho Tzu Nyen
- Choose your profession wisely – you are a shapeshifter! Then why not become a triple agent?
- Bear a Critical Dictionary in your mind to quote of at the next Festival Opening.
- It’s almost not worth mentioning: Have a bunch (!) of fake names in store.
- Learn Japanese, French and German so you can watch films in OmU to impress your fellow agents.
- Make yourself low-key-visible: Be like a tear in the rain.
- Ever tried to be an impersonated allegory of your region? No? Let’s start TODAY!
- Either avoid or maintain eye contact during conversation a little too long. Hmm. Whats’s going on in your head, agent?
- Get lost – in your thoughts, political beliefs, in actions. Let people know you’re busy by occasional disappearances.
- Be yourself (just don’t show it to anyone): If you’re a 5, don’t try to be a 6!
- Go and visit Kunstverein Hamburg to see Ho Tzu Nyens installation THE CRITICAL DICTIONARY OF SOUTHEAST ASIA – VOL 3: N FOR NAMES and dive deeper into the mystery of mysteriousness.
Images & Text: Mara